Welcome to our Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless review! Skullcandy has always had a special place in the market for headphones. If you are looking for a decent pair of wireless headsets that do not feel heavy on your head nor in your pocket then you are in the right place. The Hesh 2 might not be the best in terms of the sounds quality but it works pretty well for the price tag it comes with. Hesh 2 also comes as a wired variant but this Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless review only focuses on the Bluetooth version.
Features and Specs
- A built-in passive noise cancellation system
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Included aux cable with 3.5mm connector for using as a wired configuration
- Micro USB charging
- For better sound delivery the headphones come with 40mm drivers
Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless review about the design
Unlike the typical bold styling that Skullcandy is known for this one comes as a minimalist’s favorite. It carries a sleek matte finish. If you go for the wired version you get a lot of options in terms of the colors and prints. But with the wireless variant, the brand has managed to create something simple and practical that is also lightweight. So that you can wear it for a long time without feeling the strain.
The earpieces both come with padded cushions made of supple leather. This not just gives the ears the cushioning it needs but also comes with the breathability to avoid feeling excessively warm.
The design is made flexible and the headband is perfectly flat. But beneath that flexibility lies the rigidity of the build so you can grab them in your bag and not worry about damaging your headsets. The flexible metal below the headbands retains the rigidity of the structure even with heavy use.
When we started writing this Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless review, we could not help to only think about how easy is to use this product. The option of being able to use both as a wired and wireless variant is practical. So you can simply plug the cable and continue listening to music on those occasions where you would like to save the battery life.
The positioning of the controls is another factor that makes these headphones pretty convenient to handle. With the bumpy edges, the buttons feel solid. There is the power button that is also used to answer and disconnect calls as well as to play/pause the music. The other two buttons are for volume adjustments and track navigation. So that is pretty much all you would find on the exteriors and there are not too many controls that might end up confusing you.
If you compare the performance of the headset with that of the other competing models this might not be the best. But for the price paid it does what it is promised. The audio, on the whole, is pretty warm and soft. So even if you are someone who listens to your music loud you would not feel the strain. The bass levels feel slightly sharp but they remain subtle even in the maximum volume setting. The wireless mode definitely works better than with the wire connected.
What we like about the Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless:
- The vocal clarity delivery of these headsets is pretty good. We observed a nice crisp rise in the highs and warm vocals while listening to songs. And this voice clarity becomes more pronounced when you use the headset to make a call. Voice clarity in the call is impressive
- The headset comes with a short charging time and the battery does last for 12 hours or more when you use it in the wireless mode.
- The design of the earcups is another interesting factor. They snugly cover the ears so that there is no loss in sound and thus you get the perfect immersive effect every time you use these headsets.
- The wired mode works even after the battery drains completely. This is a handy feature to include on a wireless headset.
- The synthetic leather padding provided on the ear cups is not the best in the segment. There are some premium quality wireless headsets that come with softer memory foam and similar materials. The synthetic leather also appears a bit too soft and is likely to wear out soon.
- While the headset manages to deliver a decent performance in the sound clarity and bass boosting effects it scores low in terms of the noise cancellation effects. The large earcups cover your ears but that is not really enough to mask the ambient noise. You might want to think twice before using this headset outdoor in an extra noisy environment. In fact, this is one of the biggest downsides to this one that you would read about in many a Skullcandy hesh 2 wireless review from customers.
- The positioning of the USB port is the trickiest part of the design. Located close to the headbands, on the top of the earcup, it feels a bit too tight. If you do not position the cable right you might end up bending it and breaking the cable too soon.
Conclusion for this Skullcandy hesh 2 wireless review – should you buy this one?
If you are looking for something spectacular something that has an unbeatable performance then the Hesh 2 wireless is not for you. If you are looking for a budget-friendly wireless headset that you can carry with you everywhere without the fear of breaking it or the fear of the battery dying too soon then this one would surely impress you.
The sound quality and call clarity on this one is definitely enough for the casual users. And you do not have to carry a remote as this one comes with integrated buttons that are also easy to operate. On the whole, if you are looking for a decent buy, a first wireless headset, one that would last for a long time without burning a hole in your pocket then you should definitely give this one a try.