Are you looking for a pair of earphones that are robust and affordable? Then this Taotronics bluetooth headphones review is meant for you. The Taotronics BH07 is something that is designed for the younger generation that is always on the go. It comes with a lot of cool features and features some peppy colors. And to add to all of this, there is a price tag that you would love.
That being said, does the Taotronics BH07 also perform well in terms of the sound quality? Should a hardcore music lover buy this one? Read this Taotronics bluetooth headphones review to find out more and to have all your questions about this product answered.
Features and specs
To begin with, these are Bluetooth earphones that also come with a mic so you can answer your calls on the go, hands-free. Here are some of the notable features of the product:
- Weighs merely 0.53oz
- Comes with Bluetooth version 4.2 with a range of approximately 10m
- Can be used with Android, iOS, Windows as well as Mac
- Comes with a charging time of 2 hours and a full charge can last for up to 6 hours
- There is a micro USB charging port with a current rating of 500mA
The first thing that you would notice about the product and the first thing that we would like to cover in this Taotronics bluetooth headphones review is the funky design. These earphones come with thin yet durable tangle free smooth cable with two earbuds and a remote attached. There are some chirpy colors to pick from.If you want something simple and slick there is one that comes with a matte black finish.
The earphones are exceptionally light to carry. The earpieces are sized a bit large so as to give that stable fit. And the design of the earbuds is something that you cannot miss. Ergonomic in-ear design is very popular these days. This is because of how practical it is in terms of the comfort it offers and the fit. The BH0& delivers both without the slightest compromise. The earbuds are soft and are perfectly shaped to fill the crevices of your ears. This offers a snug fit so that the earphones do not move or fall off even when you are active.
The comfort that these earphones offer is mind-blowing. You might even forget that you have your earphones on. The ear hooks can be removed when required and it can be used simply with the earbuds.
The remote with the in-line controls is the only part of the earphones that feels a little out of place in comparison with the premium finish of the rest of the body. There are tiny button controls and these are spaced out well to avoid mishits. The pairing happens almost instantaneously. If you have an iPhone you would also be able to see the battery status displayed on the phone. The Bluetooth connection is also pretty reliable and doesn’t pick up a lot of interference or glitches during movements.
The only place where the earphones fail to impress is the sound quality. The flatness is something that you can put up with. But the poor skew in tones also shows up sometimes when you listen to music in a loud volume. As you turn the volume higher you would notice a pronounced reduction in the definition. This leads to a blurry effect if you are listening to music with a lot of vocals. But this doesn’t show much in the call clarity and that is definitely a relief.
The one thing that we did like about the performance was the noise cancellation ability. This is attributed to the CVC noise cancellation 6.0 technology. This is also the feature that is responsible for the clarity in voice during calls. Even in a noisy are we were able to hear the conversation without a trouble.
What we liked about the BH07
- Read any Taotronics bluetooth headphones review by a customer who has used these earphones you would hear praises about the design. Ergonomic earphones truly are comfortable for long duration usage. This one, in particular, doesn’t press too much on your ear canals but just helps the earphones to stay put.
- The magnetic clip-on design of the earbuds comes handy when you would like to unplug your earphones for a few moments. Remove the earpieces and snap them on to each other on the magnetic side, around your neck, and you are good to go.
- You get different sets of earbuds and ear hooks of different sizes. So you get to choose one that feels the most comfortable for you.
What we didn’t like so much
- The battery life is not the best in the segment. Lasting for just 4 to 5 hours after a charging time of 2 hours might be a little inconvenient if you rely on this one as your primary pair of earphones.
- The sound quality is not that impressive. It is just sufficient for the average users and some genres might appear a bit flat with these earphones. But given the feature-rich design at such an affordable price this is something you can live with.
Taotronics bluetooth headphones review – the final verdict
If you are looking for a pair of Bluetooth earphones that connects seamlessly with various types of devices then this one is an easy option. And for the first timers, the price tag is a big plus. It does come with some features that you would find only in some higher level earphones including the comfort that it offers. The sound quality is something that you have to compromise on. But this is definitely not terrible sounding. If you listen to music on average volume levels you might not notice much of a difference. These are pretty rugged in spite of feeling so light and they do not tangle. So you do not have to worry about damaging the cable. So if you want an affordable pair of earphones that come with a practical and convenient design then the BH07 is surely a great choice.